At the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce, we take pride in the achievements of our entire business community, regardless of size or business category. That is why we are pleased to announce the 2nd annual We're For Business awards luncheon that recognizes area businesses based on team accomplishments instead of labels.
We hope you will join us Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at the Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa for our business awards gala as we demonstrate how true it is when we say, “We’re for Business” in Asheville, North Carolina.
11:00am Networking and Music
11:30am Lunch and Awards
1:00pm Event concludes
The cost to attend is $30 for members and $35 for non-members. Tables are also available, and are $240 for members and $280 for non-members. To register, go to the right column of this page, scroll down and click on "Register Now." Or call Miriam Metcalf at 258-6114.
First Citizens Bank presents: Over the Top amazing customer service award. This award will go to a company that excels in recognizing and addressing their customers' needs through unique employee training programs, customer service policies, and other customer satisfaction models.
- Appalachian Carpet & Textile Cleaning, Inc.
- Asheville's Fun Depot
- Charlotte Street Computers
- Montreat College School of Professional & Adult Studies
- One on One Computer Services
- Sanesco Internations
- Shoji Retreats, LLC
- Charlotte Street Animal Hospital
- Prudential Lifestyle Realty
McDonalds presents: One for All outstanding commitment to community award. This award recognizes a business that emphasizes community involvement within its business model and among its employees, and that demonstrates this philosophy on a day-to-day basis among employees, clients and the overall business community.
- The Buyer's Agent of Asheville
- ESI Advisors
- Green's Mini Mart
- The Health Adventure
- Springhill Suites by Marriot
- Webb Insurance
- AVL Technologies
- Beverly-Hanks & Associates
- Deltec Homes
- Diamond Brand
- HomeTrust Bank
- Keller Williams Professionals
George's Stor-mor presents: Out on a Limb exceptionally innovative business award. This award will be presented to a company that has discovered consumer needs and, through creative innovation, has been able to meet those needs. To qualify for this award a business may allso demonstrate how creative problem solving led to new policies, processes, or applications to better serve the needs of its customers.
- Advanced Composting Technologies
- Carolina HR Partners
- Homeland Integrated Security Systems: A Global Technology Company
- South Chase Mortgage
- Wheels Through Time
- Who Knows Art
Award recipients will be selected by a panel of anonymous judges from within the Asheville community as well as business leaders from throughout our Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). The judges will be recognized at the awards luncheon.
- The Eco Builders
- Palmer Wahl
- Plasticard-Locktech Internations
- Private Mountain Communities
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- The business can be for-profit or non-profit; however, it must have an active facility operating in the MSA (Buncombe, Haywood, Madison, or Henderson counties).
- The achievements of each nominated business should reflect both past and current accomplishments
- To level the playing field, each award will be presented in two categories - small businesses with up to 15 employees and large companies with 16 employees or more.
- Each nominee must have been in business for at least two years (24 months).
Please download the nomination form (word document or PDF). To submit your nomination, follow the instructions on the form.
Presentation of the awards will take place at the awards luncheon gala at the Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa on Wednesday, February 20, 2008. Six finalists (two for each award category) will be notified prior to the presentation and must be able to accept the award in person.